We believe in access to information and services for all. This page provides an overview of the accessibility features we have on our website and measures implemented in our shopping centre.
- The text on this website is adjustable to the size of font in your browser.
- The guidelines of WCAG 2.1 have been used to ensure that the site is built to a high standard of accessibility.
- This website is user-friendly for those who are colour blind.
- Sitemaps are available for all website pages.
- Some links that you click may open in new windows. We cannot accept liability for the content or information contained on these pages although we make every effort to only link to reputable and checked organisations.
At The Elmsleigh Centre
- We provide street level step free entrances to allow easy access.
- Automatic doors are in place for ease of customers.
- There are accessible and disabled toilets on the ground floor and first floor, the latter accessed via a lift in Main Square (near Costa).
- A Changing Places facility is available on the first floor, accessible by a lift in Main Square.
- Access to lifts is on a flat level suitable for wheelchair users, mobility scooters, and those who find it hard to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Wheelchair hire is available in-centre, either by telephoning from the handset by River Island and Trespass, or by asking a member of the Security Team on the mall.
- A sensory hour is provided by the shopping centre every Monday from 10am to 11am (from 4th September 2023). This is a quieter time with no tannoy announcements or music being played. Please check individual retailers for their specific provision.
- Disabled bays are available in the main town car parks, which are managed by Spelthorne Borough Council. For more details, please click here. This page also provides details on applying for a Blue Badge.
- Staines Shopmobility is a registered charity which hires out scooters, powerchairs and wheelchairs to enable people to enjoy the shops in the town. They also offer an escorted shopping service to those with visual impairment as a pre-booked service. To find out more about Staines Shopmobility, please click here.
If you have any questions regarding accessibility, please contact us.