Elmsleigh Shopping Centre is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. Our policy statement is outlined below.
Updated 18th May 2018
Effective 25th May 2018
What Data We Hold & Why
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve, and protect our Services:
Due to the service that we provide we naturally have a need to hold information on a range of retailers that we engage with including some information that will be made public through our website and marketing materials (such as store names, opening hours, offers, news, etc). Other private retailer information such as store contacts and turnover may also be retained to allow us to provide our services.
We collect information related to how you use this website and our services, including actions you take on this website (like newsletter signup, file downloads, or clicks through to external websites). We use this information to improve our Services, develop new services and features.
We also collect information from and about the devices you use to access our services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information.
Cookies and other technologies
We may give users the option to sign up to marketing emails and direct mailers, via the website, social media and through competitions that we run. If you register for this marketing, we will, from time to time, send you information about news, events, offers & competitions. Users who receive these marketing materials can opt out at any time. If you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email. You can opt out of any other marketing by emailing us at email@example.com.
Why we hold your data
We collect and use the personal data described above in order to provide you with services in a reliable and secure manner. We also collect and use personal data for our legitimate business needs. To the extent we process your personal data for other purposes, we ask for your consent in advance or require that our partners obtain such consent.
Specifically, we use your data to:
- Provide, update, maintain and protect our services and business.
- Communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments, and questions. If you contact us with questions or concerns, we may use your personal information to respond.
- Send you emails and other communications. We may contact you about important changes to our services.
- Understand how you use our services and improve them.
- Investigate and prevent security issues and abuse of services.
- Protect any person from death or serious bodily injury.
- Comply with applicable law, legal process, or regulation.
- Perform a task carried out in the public interest.
- We will also collect and use your data with your consent to send you marketing materials about our services.
Our Data Partners
We may share information as discussed below, but we won’t sell it to advertisers or other third parties.
Others working for and with us
15B High Street
08452 996 399
Freerunner Net Ltd
The Maltings Business Centre
07958 351 219
Website and Social Media Services
45 Queen Street
Law & Order and the Public Interest
We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or appropriate government request; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of this website or our stakeholders; (d) protect Elmsleigh Shopping Centre rights, property, safety, or interest; or (e) perform a task carried out in the public interest.
If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you (for example, via a message to the email address associated with your account) of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
Your Right to Control and Access Your Information
You have a right to be informed of Personal Data processed by Elmsleigh Shopping Centre, a right to rectification/correction, erasure and restriction of processing. You also have the right to receive from Elmsleigh Shopping Centre in a structured, common and machine-readable format of Personal Data you provided to us.
We can only identify you via your email address and we can only adhere to your request and provide information if we have Personal Data about you through you having made contact with us directly and/or you using our site and/or service. We cannot provide, rectify or delete any data that we store on behalf of our users or customers.
Where you have provided consent, you may withdraw it at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out prior to withdrawing it.
Where Personal Data is processed for the above purposes on the basis of Elmsleigh Shopping Centre’s legitimate interests, under the GDPR, you may object to such processing at any time. To do so please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, you have the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a piece of data stored by a website on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are useful for storing data so that when you revisit a site the stored cookie data can be retrieved and reused. An example of when this often happens is if you choose to remain logged in to a website. On doing so, a cookie is stored to remember your choice of remaining logged in, so that even after you close your browser or turn off your computer you don't have to login again when you next visit the page.
A pixel tag ("pixel") is a small piece of code that can be embedded on websites and emails. We use pixels and cookies to learn how you interact with our webpages and emails. This information helps us, and the advertising services providers we use, better promote our services.
You can control whether your computer accepts or rejects cookies by default, or to tell you when a site tries to save a cookie on your computer, by adjusting your browser setting. Cookies can also be manually deleted. The method to change these settings varies depending on the browser. Read the help section within your browser to find out more, or visit www.aboutcookies.org (We are not responsible for the content of external websites).
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services.
This site operates implied consent for cookies, which means we assume by using this site you are happy with the usage of the cookies outlined below. If you do not want to accept the use of these cookies you should discontinue use of the site, delete the cookies, or adjust your browser settings accordingly.
Where Elmsleigh Shopping Centre holds data on individuals this data will only be for the time which is necessary and we will regularly review the amount and age of any data held and implement polices to remove any data that we no longer require, to reduce any risk for all stakeholders.
In some cases, such as active email mailing lists and Google Analytics tracking this data could be retained indefinitely as it will always be of use for us to keep historic stats for comparison and to continue marketing to anyone that has agreed to this. However, this data is subject to the above data rights and anyone has the right to request any data on them or request that this is amended or removed. Details on how to do this can be found in the “What are your Rights” section above.
But please note: there might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage; and we may retain this information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Have questions or concerns about Elmsleigh Shopping Centre, our services, and privacy? Contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. If they can't answer your question, you have the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
Standard Competition Terms & Conditions
Our website often hosts online competitions where we may ask for personal details from you. The following are the standard terms and conditions which apply to all of our competitions. Please not that additional terms and conditions may apply and will be mentioned on the competition page.
- Open to all entries except those involved in the administration of the competition, employees, agents, resident retailers of the scheme and their employees or family members of Elmsleigh Shopping Centre and its promotional partners.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
- All entrants' details may be used in promotional activity/materials and the winner(s) may be required to participate in promotional activity related to this competition.
- The judges' decision is final and NO CORRESPONDENCE will be entered into.
- The competition is promoted by Elmsleigh Shopping Centre.
- Entry to the competition is deemed as FULL ACCEPTANCE of these Terms & Conditions of entry.
- Elmsleigh Shopping Centre reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equivalent value if the original is no longer available.
- Winners will be picked and contacted within 7 days of the closing date. Winners will have 7 days to accept the prize/s.
- Elmsleigh Shopping Centre will forward the prize/s to the notified person/s within a further 14 days.
- Winners will be contacted via email or by phone. Winners will then be announced via Elmsleigh Shopping Centre social media channels or alternatively for details of the winners' names, please send a SAE to: Competitions, Elmsleigh Shopping Centre, 62 South Street, Staines Upon Thames, Middlesex, TW18 4QF.
- Error & Omissions Excepted.
- Further Terms & Conditions may apply. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The competition prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged or refunded.