Events Marketing & Communications Co-ordinator
Following the successful ballot of 300+ businesses in Staines-upon-Thames town centre in November 2016, the town achieved Business Improvement District (BID) status for a 5-year period, commencing 1st April 2017, and we are now 13 months into the project term. A Business Improvement District represents local businesses within a defined area, such as a town centre, and has a town centre management function for its members; there are now 300 established BIDs in the UK since they were introduced. We are looking to recruit an individual who will bring with them their wealth of experience and knowledge in marketing and events.
Job title: Staines-upon-Thames Events Marketing & Communications Co-ordinator.
Responsible to: BID Manager. Staines-upon-Thames BID Board of Directors.
Reporting to: BID Manager.
Responsible for: Delivery of town centre events and implementation of the marketing strategy in collaboration with the BID Manager.
Duration: Fixed term until 31st March 2022.
Hours of work: Part time. Two to three days per week (7 hours per day) TBC.
With regular flexible working as required, to include evening, weekend and bank holiday working when events are on.
Salary: £20 per hour self-employed basis/invoiced monthly.
Location: Staines-upon-Thames town centre.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The post-holder will be responsible for:
• Delivery of an annual marketing and communications strategy, ensuring that strict deadlines are adhered to.
• Development and delivery of an annual events programme in collaboration with the BID Manager to ensure www.visitstaines.co.uk website is maintained, writing copy on a regular basis, including a well-researched events calendar, relevant news items and up-to-date business directory.
• In collaboration with the BID Manager, work on website developments with external agencies.
• Marketing Visit Staines and the BIDs activity to a range of external partners.
• Events management, including but not limited to, the BIDs event ‘Valuation Days’, Christmas, networking events, meetings, training.
• Post events analysis.
• Press and public relations in collaboration with BID Manager.
• Working with partners, such as the two Shopping Centres, Council and Marketto deliver joint projects.
• Distribution of monthly newsletters to BID members/partners and consumer newsletter. Newsletter to be put together in collaborationwith the BID Manager.
• Social media comprising Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn channels.
• Monitoring Google Analytics and social media stats on a monthly basis, and preparing report for distribution at the monthly board meeting.
• Production of BID collateral, including local maps, promotional information, posters and stationery.
• Management of a loyalty card rewards scheme.
• Production of film clips for YouTube channel.
• Assisting with member (300 businesses) engagement.
• Assisting with communications during BID renewal Ballot.
• Liaison with BID members on marketing and events matters.
• Participation in Board Meetings, Steering Group meetings and external meetings as necessary.
• Management and development of customer relationship management software.
• Other reasonable job-related tasks as necessary.
• Available for occasional evening and weekend events.
• Understanding of Business Improvement Districts.
• Interest in business and regeneration issues.
• Knowledge of InDesign or Photoshop, a plus.
For more information, please contact Michelle Baker, Staines-upon-Thames BID Manager on email Michelle@staines-upon-thames.bid. The five year Staines-upon-Thames BID Business Plan is available to view at www.visitstaines.co.uk.